"Dame dame dame, que te voy a dar ... una guayabita de mi guayabal."

7.25.2008

Latino immigrant beaten to death

Link

"The youths goaded Ramirez and the girl, saying, "You should get out of this neighborhood" and "Get your Mexican boyfriend out of here," documents said."

[The victim's white fiancée, who grew up in Shenandoah and has two children with the murdered man, said] "I plan on moving out of this town as fast as I can. Not because I'm scared. I just don't want to see my children have to deal with what their father dealt with."

"I think any time there's a fight and any time you have one ethnic group fighting another, there's going to be racial slurs," [one of the defense lawyers] said. "I've seen that since I was a kid on a playground 20 years ago, but they never called it ethnic intimidation until very recently."


No comments: