All proposals will be read blind and evaluated by the program committee.
The program committee consists of the following individuals:
▪ Dr. David Brackett, Professor, Musicology, McGill University
▪ Dr. Owen Chapman, Assistant Professor, Communication Studies, Concordia University
▪ Dr. Line Grenier, Associate Professor, Communication Studies, University of Montreal
▪ Mimi Haddon, Ph.D. Candidate, Popular Music Studies/ Musicology, McGill University
▪ Hélène Laurin, Ph.D. Candidate, Communication Studies, McGill University
▪ Dr. Martin Lussier, Postdoctoral Fellow, Faculty of Information and Media Studies, University of
▪ Dr. Charity Marsh, Canada Research Chair in Interactive Media and Performance, University of
▪ Dr. Will Straw, Professor, Department of Art History and Communications Studies, McGill University
Papers will be limited to a standard 20-minute length followed by 10 minutes of questions, whereas other presentations will be limited to 60 minutes. All participants must be members of IASPM-Canada. Membership information is available on the following website:www.iaspm.ca
For questions about the conference, contact conference chair Will Straw, at william.straw(at)mcgill.ca
Submission deadlines: October 21, 2010 (for consideration for travel reimbursement) November 15, 2010 (final deadline for all others) Applicants will be notified of the program committee’s final decisions by December 15, 2010.